Friday, October 13, 2006

Adventures in the Phantom Zone

So I get a phone call from my brother-in-law at about 7:55 last night.

“Are you watching Smallville?” he excitedly asks.

“No, I’m watching The Office.” I reply.

Slight pause.

“Are you recording Smallville?” he inquires. He sounds confused, probably because he knows how much I like this show and can’t understand why I’m not keeping myself up to speed with this season.

“No. I’ve already missed every episode this season so I’ll just have to wait to watch it when it comes out on DVD.” (I had to do the same thing with season 5, which we just finished this past weekend.)



“Oh.”

“Did you have a question about something?” I ask. My brother-in-law likes superheroes, but isn’t as well versed in them as I am (not that I’m an expert or anything, I’ve just been into comics since the 6th grade…I won’t say how long ago that was.)

“Yeah…what’s Green Arrow’s real name?”

Ha! I knew this one! “Oliver Queen. Was he in tonight’s episode?”

“Yeah. They introduced him as an old college roommate of Lex Luthor’s or something.”

“Oh.” (I actually don’t know much about Ollie’s background, so I couldn’t refute this, but I’m sure the Smallville writers used their all-powerful creative license to tweak the character’s origins a bit.)



I considered pressing for more details, but decided I didn’t want anything from this season revealed to me prematurely. When I last visited that world, General Zod had possessed Lex and stood on the brink of conquering Metropolis while Clark floated helplessly away in his window-shard of the Phantom Zone.

Can’t wait to see how Clark returns to kick some evil Kryptonian ass!

Oh, and kudos to Chloe for finally swallowing her pride and planting a soggy goodbye kiss on Clark before he ran off to “save the day.”

Go Chloe! You’re babe-tastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home