Sunday, February 26, 2006

They put the "ASS" in Fantastic Four


I recently got a used copy of the Fantastic Four on DVD from a guy on ebay. At only 10.50, I figured it was a good deal. I missed seeing these episodes on t.v. and was looking forward to all the battles involving Marvel's First Family and their gallery of rogues (to include the world-devourer, Galactus!)

Sadly, this show got the cancellation it truly deserved. It's fun for kids (my two oldest were glued to the screen for about 5 straight episodes, but no one over 8 or 9 can really take it seriously. Yes, it's a cartoon based on a comic book, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so, well, cartoony. The art is choppy and the ever-lovin'-blue-eyed Thing looks like something that just needs to be flushed down the toilet. And it really bothered me that Galactus had the Silver Surfer, Firelord and Terrax as his heralds simultaneously. Oh, and the Silver Surfer, cosmic being that he is, should have been just overflowing with the Power Cosmic, let's himself get bitch-slapped off the roof of the Baxter Building by the Thing with his own damn board! He turned out to be quite the pussy in this show.

I haven't watched all the episodes yet, or watched many of the special features (it's always kinda' cool to see interviews with Stan "The Man" Lee, though) but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd have to rate this sad sack of a cartoon collection a mere 3.5.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Psycho said...

I know it sucked balls like like a 40 year old preist.
I'd much prefer the X-men or Spider-man cartoons of that time, they suck only half as bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home