Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Me + Fantastic 4 PS2 Game = Tired Thumbs

I recently ordered some new games for my PS2 console from Amazon and two of them arrived yesterday.

Of course, I had to wait until we got home from taking the kids trick-or-treating before I could try them out, but I was finally able to pop the first game into the machine at about 8:30.

Fantastic Four (based on the movie)


This game is so fun, I actually started giggling like a little girl. After the somewhat lame opening mission, the action really takes off as you play each FF member battling security robots as you attempt to escape from Doom's research laboratory. Mr. Fantastic whips his elongated arms around in a frenzied attack, The Thing does what he does best: pounds everything with his massive fists, The Invisible Woman sneaks around making stealth kills when not using concentrated blasts of her force-field against opponents, and the Human Torch hovers through the hallways tossing fireballs like he was in a snowball fight (with really, really hot snowballs!)

Even on the easy setting, the game can get challenging, especially when your characters is literally surrounded by security droids intent on your destruction. My thumb was getting pretty tired from all the fighting action and I had to take frequent "pause" breaks.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old or something.

I let Cosette and Scott take turns playing the superheroes, and while Cosette seemed to catch on pretty well, Scott was having difficulty just getting Sue Storm from one end of the hallway to the other. His hands are a little small for all the buttons and analog sticks on a PS2 controller.

I can't wait to head home after work today and start wailing away on the thugs of the Yancy Street Gang.

"It's Clobberin' Time!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home