Thursday, November 02, 2006

Superman's Dad, Batman's Sidekicks and the Squadron Supreme

As per Beaucifer/Psycho:

"Okay Friday at my place Heroclix 500point Parent/Child or hero/sidekick teams and Maybe a 300point open build. All are welcome who want to play."

I keep hinting that I'll be using a Superman/Jonathan Kent team for the theme game, and I'm sure that no one really believes that I will.

I'll show them! I'll show them all!

Pa Kent with the Infinity Gauntlet. The most powerful old dude in...well Smallville at least. Maybe Metropolis as well.

Maybe I'll use a Batman and a bunch of his sidekicks. I'm a sucker for that Batman Team Ability.

I'll build my team(s) tonight.

Hmmm, 500 points. That's a lot of sidekicks. For Batman, there's Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing...maybe Oracle? Oh yeah, I'll have to include that Agents of Oracle card, or whatever it's really called. Maybe it'll give me somewhat of an edge.

Superman needs a sidekick, don't you think? He's got plenty of family to watch his back though, right? Supergirl, Superboy, Krypto...damn, I wish I had one of those clix figures.

Have you guys seen the exclusive Super Skrull Skymaxx clix figure available through Wizard magazine? I went to the website today to try and order one, but I didn't see a link for the Skrull clix, only the Snap Wilson Falcon one. I thought I might at least order one of those, but the link wasn't working...gave me a "Page Not Found" error. I'll have to check back again later. Maybe they're out of the Super Skrull fig.

I think that this Skymaxx character is the Skrull that was part of the Squadron Supreme. It's appropriate since they're introducing some of the Squadron members in the next Supernova set. I've always liked the Squadron, so I'm looking forward to the Hyperion and Power Princess figures. I wonder if there will also be a Dr. Spectrum figure. I can't remember seeing one on their figure list on the Wizkids website, but that doesn't mean there won't be one.

The Squadron does have it's share of lame ass characters though. Like Ape X. A super smart Ape that's bound to a wheelchair ala Professor X. We don't need that character immortalized in a heroclix sculpt, methinks.

Okay, enough rambling.

Who's planning on playing tomorrow night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home