Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Y? Because we love you.

Today’s little rant is all about Y: the last man. If you’re not familiar with the story at all, shame on you. It’s fantastic; it’s about a man and his monkey… really!
Yorick Brown is out of work, living in Manhattan and manages to get by with his occasional street magic, escape artist performances and training a helper monkey named Ampersand. His girlfriend Beth is in the middle of the freaking Australian outback, and he misses her like crazy. His mom's a congresswoman, his sister's an EMT name Hero, and his dad's a literature professor with a penchant for giving his kids weird Shakespearian names. Though he has his quirks, Yorick's a regular guy... a regular guy who's about to become the last man alive in a world full of women. It’s all a fun and games in this paradise fantasy until reality sets in.
So check it out here: http://www.dccomics.com/features/ylastman/

I have just finished the latest collection titled Ring of Truth. I have found that aside from the amazing story telling and enticing plot, my favorite aspect is the very real approach Brian K. Vaughn has created in these characters. I see this story as “if this happened, this is how it would happen”.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Al Jordan said...

I second his recommendation. I was very impressed with what I've read of this series.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Baron Samedi said...

I am with you sweet tits! Of course anything that Vertigo puts out is magic, it has been that way since day one for me. I am a huge fan of Lucifer right now (thesauras not encluded)! Beau turned me on to Preacher and I am ripping through those as well. Keep those rants coming baby its golden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home