Friday, August 19, 2005

Post Game, Successful Strategies

Friday's game witnessed the return of Victor to geek night. We were all happy that his wife gave him time off for bad behavior. Unfortunately, his ten figure stand against Ryan's long awaited "Giant fig, Shake off, Armor piercing" tactic with Giantman, left Vic's Captain America, Blink, Thug, Scarab, Spidey and Hawkeye dazed and confused, As seen below.


As for my standoff with Dustin, his extremely effective use of the new Prof. X's mind control of my Ra's Al-Ghul and Persuader against my Demon gave me seven clicks of pain yet costing him five clicks in return. One click for pushing, two clicks for the 232 point value of Ra's and Persuader, two click for the Mystic TA. Though painful, Prof. X stayed seated in the thick of the game, while my Demon retreated to the edge of the map. All and all it was a fun night at Star Labs.

With the early departure of Dusty and Vic, Ryan and I were ready to lay waste in the 600 point game with the last minute entry of my nine year old son Chance. Although he's young and inexperienced, my boy's able to roll the die better than the best of us. Some would say it's beginners luck, but I named him Chance for a reason. Sadly, many of his figs perished in the conflict between Ry and I. The rag tag team of lower point figs were no match for Ry's Hydra pain machine and my General Zod/ Hulk stampede.

No animals were harmed during the playing of tonight's games.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Baron Samedi said...

So you boys gone off and played without old Papa Bones????
I tried to be good to ya boys didn’t I?? You done gone and called up a whole lotta Hoodoo on ya selfs. We coulda been best friends…but know you gonna hit a roadblock for sure on your way to Guinee. Yo momma should have told you to treat this Guede with a little more respect!!!
Ah, look at me getting all upset. Please forgive me. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Boys you better invite me next time or no Gris-Gris gonna protect you!!!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Al Jordan said...

I guess we're not in the habit of inviting complete strangers to our game nights.
You play the game baron?
What's your 20?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Baron Samedi said...

Stranger?? Common now Jump’in Boot you know me, you all know me. I be da one who tell the raven to fly. I be da one wit many name. You pick da one name you like Jump’in Boot, but my friends call me Baron Samedi. You see, we already be good good friend now. Now you wanna know if Papa Bones play da game? I always play da game! I be da one who make da games. You dont need to dance no Banda for me to come now. The Guédé be getting mighty tired and do well to see you smiling faces. We don’t need no Houngan at our parti, right? We go find us some fine Mambo, rum, and paly all da games we want! Me “20”? You mean where I be now? Talking bout “20”, soundin like my brotha Bugid Y Aiba. You makin me laugh Jump’in Boot! Ha ha ha ha hah ha!!
I be everywere Jump’in boot. I like it in da Haiti, Cuba, Trinidad, or Brazil. I don’t wan you worry none Jump’in Boot I come and see my frien in da states! I stay down in Louisiana but dat just for da weather an good friend. I be in Salt Lake doe, just to see you friends and play da games!!! You play wit da Guédé an see what fun we all be havin, OKAY?????? You be inviten old Baron Samedi now dat I tell you every little ding you be wanten to ear? I hope so Jump’in Boot, you do well not to rattle dis Jackal! You do well……

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Psycho said...

What the hell! Why has this Blog become Ice-cream for freaks? First we got the Iran Bolgger informant and now Baron Sunday or what ever this guy is suppose to be. You want to play? You need to show us you know the game "Gris Gris".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home