Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Day Late And A Dollar Short

Well, I'm always a dollar short, but it would seem that I'm almost always a day late as well. At least when it comes to things of the "pop culture" genre.

I was a late comer to all wonderful things Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Astonishing X-Men).

I was a late comer to the adventures of a young Clark Kent in the thrill ride that is Smallville, and I was slightly tardy to the wild parties thrown by Veronica Mars and Commander Adama on the Battlestar Galactica (I'd be willing to say I was only "fashionably late" to those programs).

And most recently, I discovered that I had missed the initial throws of the internet bash that is Red Vs. Blue. Thanks to Matt and Beau, I'm caught up through Season 3 and I've gotta say without any reservation or hesitation, that I LOVE THIS SHOW! It's simple and it's beautiful. It's simply beautiful. I laugh until milk squirts out my nose then I laugh some more.

At first, I didn't want to love these characters, but I just couldn't help doing just that. And the story isn't too bad either.



For the two of you out there who read this and haven't yet jumped on the band wagon that is Red Vs. Blue, I highly suggest watching the series, either online or just do what I'm going to have to do now and just buy the DVDs. (I'll have to see if they're available on Amazon and add them to my wish list.)

Don't make me sic Sheila on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home